"That's the whole trouble. You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, that's because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody will sneak up and write "fuck you" right under your nose."
J.D. Salinger.
"Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing."
Sylvia Plath
"Need is not quite belief."
"Live or die but don't poison everything."
Anne Sexton
"It's funny all you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to."
"I'm sick of just liking people, I wish to god I could meet someone I could respect."
j.d. salinger.
I have a book i've kept starting since middle school when I was actually interested in becoming a journalist, anyway the book is full of quotes. Quotes that mean something to me maybe at the time or from the past. My mother has a book just like it, but of course with completely different quotes. They may not even be considered quotes but little fragments that caught me. I re read that book, these... these are the ones that mean something to me right now at this very moment.
This past weekend every morning I woke up with what felt like a hangover without one sip to drink. This morning I woke up and felt a little bit better, but I still can't shake writing a big fuck you right under your god damn nose.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment