Wednesday, July 29, 2009

just had an hour long conversation with kelly.


I miss shepherds pie.



I am sick of the blogging life. I miss Atlanta and I can not wait to be nestled in between a row of shotgun houses and marta buses. I hope to god I am not going to look back and realize I am taking things for granted. I need to learn to embrace what I have right when I have it. There's always one memory that always plays around in my brain, the creeking of the futon under our weight and the sun peeking in through the blinds. Jack Johnson looped and Milo was still a little pup with his cow belly. Occasionally Ellie would get spooked and mouth off just to be shushed so we could lay in bed even longer. I know that in the stillness of those mornings there was a lot that had remained unsaid and even more that was left unknown, but I hold on to the warmness of living in complete oblivion...it may have hurt like hell later, but right then it was the closest thing to home. I hope that I have more times like that, the times that still feel warm and happy a year later.

I think you are fucking up over and over and over again and I can't tell you anymore. But I think you are going to regret.

No comments: